Table Of Contents
- 1 Set your mood with these 10 simple tips to start your day with happiness:
- 1.1 1. Wake up early:
- 1.2 2. Start with positive thinking:
- 1.3 3. Leave aside all problems:
- 1.4 4. Exercise:
- 1.5 5. Don’t miss your breakfast:
- 1.6 6. Listen music:
- 1.7 7. Reading Quotes:
- 1.8 8. Start from home earlier than usual:
- 1.9 9. Smile:
- 1.10 10. Celebrate Small happy:
How was your morning today? Do you start it with happiness or sadness? How do you feel today after wake up in the morning? Was it with full of joy or anger or stress? Do you want to start your day with happiness?
Is your answer is happiness then congratulation as you have make it. If not or if you want to continue to start your day with happiness this article will help you.
I believe how I start my day that is only affect the rest of the day. So I think this is very much important for happiness. So start some simple and small things in the morning to boost your happiness. But remember happiness is not the final destination.
What is happiness?
I have found one great article on happiness by Acacia Parks, PhD. Assistant Professor of Psychology at Hiram College, where she teaches classes on the science of happiness at happify daily. According to her research “happiness is of combination of how satisfied you are with your life and how good you feel on a day-to-day basis”. If we give consistent effort then fluctuation of our mood with change of our life will be controllable.
Now think, if you suddenly got the news that you have won a lottery you may overwhelm with happiness instantly but as soon as your demand change you become unhappy. As “Happiness is Not: Being Rich or Affording Everything You Want”
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. – Jim Rohn
What you are thinking now? I know, yes obviously there might be some unavoidable situation or circumstances, you can’t change people. But what you can do is to change your attitude and angel of thinking on the situation. You can have control of what to expect, what to do and how to start your day. Believe me this will improve your life, bring more happiness and satisfaction every day.
Set your mood with these 10 simple tips to start your day with happiness:
1. Wake up early:
From tomorrow onward start with happy morning and try to wake up some time before than usually you do. It is difficult but not impossible. Start from 5 minutes earlier then gradually increase it up to 30 minutes earlier than usual. In a research it’s found that people whose performance peaks in the morning are better positioned for career success, because they’re more proactive than people who are at their best in the evening.
Benefits of wakes up early:
- Improve quality of sleep.
- Helps too enjoy the quiet time with more sunlight.
- Increase productivity.
- Create better mental health.
- You will get extra time in everyday.
2. Start with positive thinking:
Just after waking up repeat in your mind several time sentences like –“Today is a great day- there is lot of happiness wait for me and my family today”. This will give a positive energy to your body and mind. According to a new study on women having an optimistic outlook on life may help people live longer.
Benefits of positive thinking:
- Makes you feel more active.
- Keeps physically more relaxed.
- Makes body response better.
- Creates opportunity.
- Help you to find the key of success.
- No more stress.
3. Leave aside all problems:
Don’t focus on problems. Start with enjoying the feelings of a wonderful day ahead, even if you can’t see how this can happen. Wisely choose your own thought irrespective of what is happening in your life. Believe me if you preserve, your life will change automatically. I don’t tell you to ignore the issue of daily life or professional life but focus on solution only.
Benefits of focus on solution:
- Help to use your time efficiently.
- Change your thought process in a constructive way.
- Allow you to take charge and action.
- Avoid procrastination.
Spend some time to work out. At least 10-15 minutes of stretch and exercise will give you a positive energy and boost your body and mind energy level.According to Dr. Jason Rentfrow , Fitzwilliam Fellow and senior author of a new study on physical and psychological well-being benefits of physical activity “happy people are more active in general and periods of physical activity also increased positive mood, regardless of individual baseline happiness.”
Benefits of exercise:
- Improves memory.
- Boost decision making skill.
- Improves multi tasking and planning.
- Decrease stress.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Manage chronic pain.
- Oxygenated body.
- Boost immune system.
- Improves complexion.
- Decrease risk of diseases and illness.
- Feeling more relax and better social life.
5. Don’t miss your breakfast:
When you manage to get up a little earlier, then you get some extra time to prepare your breakfast. You will not feel hungry and get the test of happiness. I think this is the best way to start your morning. It is good to take your breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up , ideally 7-8 am is the best timing and remember don’t have it after 10 am. You may surprise to know the science behind the breakfast.
Benefits of breakfast:
- Keep your blood sugar level in stable condition throughout the day.
- It fuels the brain by improving your concentration and productivity.
- Skip the breakfast can cause mood swing during the day.
- Eliminate the risk of serious health problem causing unhappiness.
- A neutrinos breakfast on time helps you to cut down the calories and maintain a healthy weight.
- Help to reduces risk for cravings and overeating later in the day.
6. Listen music:
You can listen your favorite music when you dress up, preparing breakfast or on the way of walk. Try it many people used to do it including me too. I feel better when I listen music. In a research found runners who listened to fast or slow motivational music ran faster than runners who ran without any music.
Benefits of listening music:
- Listening your favorite tune can boost your emotion and happiness.
- Music decreases your stress level while increases overall health.
- It improves your sleep. Study shows listening to classical or relaxing music within an hour of going to bed give better sleep compared to listening audio book or doing nothing before bed.
- Reduce depression: According to WHO more than 350 million people suffer from depression around the world and 90% of them suffer from insomnia .
- Keep your mood positive during driving or at workplace.
7. Reading Quotes:
Jonathan Fader, PhD, founder of the Union Square Practice in New York City, psychologist and motivation expert says people who want to inspire by motivational quotes are going to find them more resonant than those who didn’t find simple phrases and saying to be particularly meaningful.
Benefits of reading quotes:
- Inspire you to apply in daily life.
- Immediately change your thought process.
- Inspirational quotes focus on result than logic.
- Motivational quotes capture your subconscious mind which boosts your creativity. And creativity gives you happiness.
Stay Motivated With A Wide Rage Of Motivational Quotes in my eBook .
8. Start from home earlier than usual:
When you start early and attempt to reach at workplace in time or may be few times before, obviously you can eliminate the other related stress like traffic jam, taking bus or train, irritation.
Benefits of start early for workplace:
- Eliminate outside stress
- Organise your task , help to complete at time
- Attend meeting in free mind
- No add-on another stress factor with your daily life due to late at workplace.
- Being happy employee gives you a good you family relationship.
Charles Darwin first posed the idea that emotional responses influence our feelings in 1872. “The free expression by outward signs of an emotion intensifies it.” In many studies show how smile can make you happy. It has no cost, just smile naturally. It will help your surrounding happiness and feel you better.
Benefits of smile:
- It is a natural drug.
- Boost your self-confidence.
- Exudes positivity and makes you beautiful.
- Denotes forgiveness.
- Brings us closure to friends and family.
- Makes other people happy.
- Burns calories.
10. Celebrate Small happy:
Do you ever notice how many times you missed out to celebrate small happy moment in daily life? You will surprise how much benefit you lost by not noting the small happiness in your life. Do one small activity that will make you feel happy. Every small happy moment will boost your happiness.
Benefits of celebrating small happy moment:
- You notice what matters most to you.
- Feel incredibly grateful.
- Give focus on life’s positive moment.
- Create a simple positive habit.
I have made an infographic for you , you can take a print and start taking action against each point. If you like please share it with your friends and family.
Now your turn , next morning you must wake up and shout ” today is my day !” How are you felling now ? Happy or sad? Don’t forget to write down to us on your feelings after implementing any one tips from above. This will help me to serve you better. Happy tuning..!!
Latest posts by Sudipta Kr Maiti (see all)
- What Dr APJ Abdul Kalam said on Work Life Balance must help you - January 27, 2018
- How To Enjoy Every Day Life With 10Simple Steps - January 9, 2018
- 10 Simple Tips for Start Your Day with Happiness - January 4, 2018