Table Of Contents
- 1 1. Make time for what you love most to do:
- 2 2. Eliminate unnecessary commitments:
- 3 3. Adopt simplicity:
- 4 4. Enjoy little things
- 5 5. Enjoy daily life with generosity:
- 6 6. Start a daily review on gratitude:
- 7 7. Chose your priority wisely:
- 8 8. Learn let go technique:
- 9 9. Keep focus on what matters:
- 10 10. Bring some spice in your daily routine:
Enjoy every day life, many of us advice us. But do you ever think how to really enjoy your every day life. Does it seem you need to change some habit? Wait, I’m not going to tell you to change your habit here. You are not alone in the today’s worlds, who are not able to enjoying your life everyday due to some circumstance.
Some days before I have met some of my old friends, where a common subject of discussion was about our own daily life and how to live life to the fullest or how to enjoy every moment of life.
Truly speaking where common words or conclusion came out like
“I am fade up with this boring life , my job..”
“We are only doing responsibility on our job and our family what I am doing for me?”
I think you are also in same platform and try to find the way out of enjoy every day life. But believe me later on, I thought deeply on the solution of our problem and found some gap among me too in the way I am handling my every day life.
So don’t worry friends,give me just 5 minutes of time , I will tell you 10 very simple steps to enjoy every day life.
It will help you out:
- Maintain enthusiasm towards life
- Boosting you to get more enjoyment in every day life
- Bring more happiness
“ No one lives forever.Take your time and enjoy your life as long as you can”
1. Make time for what you love most to do:
As you have seen some of your friends even me or even you also over burden on only on responsibilities on others. So I must say you it’s important to take care of our responsibilities, parallel to that we should also try to balance the need to do activities with a few things we really want to do.
“ Each day is a little lifetime,so just enjoy every moment of life”
If you never think and make the time to do things you love most and excited about, then you ruin your daily life .If you only attend to your obligations, it could become difficult to find any feelings of enjoyment in day-to-day life. So start to make time ever day for the things you really enjoy to do.
How you can do it:
- Write Out Your Daily Schedule
- Set Your Priorities for the Day
- Set a Specific Time and Stick to It
2. Eliminate unnecessary commitments:
“Life is like art. You have to work hard to keep it simple and still have meaning”
Do you ever think what value added with your daily life when you do commitments? Is it really enhancing your life or just adding some more stress? If it doesn’t add any spice in your daily life to enjoy fullest then straightway you should drop it. But I know sometime it’s really difficult for you so try to cut things that just consume time and energy with no real payoff. Take some things simply aren’t negotiable, but other so-called obligation aren’t really necessary.
How you can do it:
I have found some common area of commitment for both of you and me, so make such list of commitments in your life:
- Family: you may be playing a role of husband, mother, daughter, sister or wife anything and bound to your commitments.
- Work: Meeting, client satisfaction, reach office at time, job responsibility, project time line, sales target etc.
- Online: email, social media etc.
After prepare the list adding your own , take a close look on each things and consider:
- How important is it to me?
- Is it under my life priorities?
- How it add value in my life?
- Does this help me to achieve my goal?
Now cut the least priority commitments, it may tough to choose , but not impossible. Yes you may think some people may be disappointed for the same but your happiness is the priority, after all you want to enjoy every day life, isn’t it, so now it’s only our priority.
3. Adopt simplicity:
You may notice that for some time you seem to accumulate physical mental and emotional clutter. So please try to end up rushing one demanding situation to another where no real feeling of enjoyment and happiness. To quite your minds and restore a sense of order to your daily life you need to value on simplicity. Remember simple things means less frustration and stress which is one of the important factor to enjoy every day life.
How you can do it:
- Exercise every day.
- Eat slowly and enjoy your food.
- Stop trying to do things perfectly.
- Stop trying to please everyone.
- Try to focus on a few priorities in your life.
- Learn to let go technique.
For more you can take a help from here.
4. Enjoy little things
During my college life we used to gather at a tea shop at evening. The real thing was we had not so much pocket-money from home but what we had that is “ a cup of tea with lot of gossips – happiness and enjoyment” . Literally we kick out all stress, tension of examination and start a fresh evening in hostel again after this break.
Why I am telling you the story? You also in same platform, so find the little things that give a lot of enjoyment in daily life. If you never take the time to actually be in the moment then I can say that we are really living our daily life? Even the smallest activities can be enjoyable if you stay concentrate on the experience. Isn’t it?
“Enjoy the little things in life, because one day you will look back , and realize they were the big things”
You will surprise how much benefit you lost by not noting the small happiness in your life. Every small happy moment will boost your happiness.
The next time you eat a piece of fruit or enjoy a cup of coffee simply enjoy it. As per my knowledge our sense of smell and taste are connected to our brains pleasure enter. So when you savor what goes into your stomach you tend to eat less and enjoy it more.
Some little things to enjoy every day life for you:
- Finding money you didn’t know you had.
- A book you’ve been dying to read.
- Make new recipe that comes out perfectly.
- Feeling sand between your toes.
- Fresh, organic food.
- Playing a game you loved as a child or with your kids.
- Meeting with old friends.
Now your turn to add as many as possible you like.
5. Enjoy daily life with generosity:
Your act of kindness is an act of generosity. Smile at strangers, hold the door open for the other person behind you, listen while someone else is talking and being respectful etc. These all simple acts are not costly but give you an inner peace to enjoy every moment of life.
“It is not happy people who are thankful.It is thankful people who are happy”
How you may get benefit from it?
I was found a great article where it states that some studies have shown generosity is directly connecting with your health.
- Help to lower your blood pressure
- It can help to reduce stress
- Help to live longer
- Boost your mood
Do you know your passion of life? If not then you must check once here.
6. Start a daily review on gratitude:
“It’s not an issue of Wants vs. Needs.It’s an issue of Wants vs. Priorities.”
This is the simplest and most powerful way to enjoy every day life. If you take a moment every day to check your blessing, you will notice more and more things to be grateful for. Gratitude is actually the antidote for selfishness. It is easy to get caught up in selfish pursuits and forget how much there is to be grateful for. Once you start review and make the list take and put up one thing among them into action in your life, this should be it.
Why you will start to check on gratitude?
- To strengthens your emotions
- It will develop your personality
- Make you more optimistic
- Increase your self-esteem
- Increase your energy level
- Help you to bounce back from failure.
- Makes your memory happier.
- Help to be more social and friendly.
7. Chose your priority wisely:
If you re-evaluate your priorities on regular basis then you feel that life is an ever exchange experience. Examine your priorities and check what is the most important to you and why. So give your top priorities in first place otherwise they will get swallowed up by everything else. Check the image bellow where I simply describe the method of prioritization.
Try to find your life purpose here.
You must agree with me that this is your life and you need to set your own priorities to enjoy every day life. So please choose wisely your priorities to enjoy every day life.
One of my favorite book on setting priority -“Find Your Balance Point: Clarify Your Priorities, Simplify Your Life, and Achieve More “- by Brian Tracy (Author), Christina Stein (Author) you may like to read.
8. Learn let go technique:
“When you focus on what you want , everything else falls away.”
Let consider you have missed out a very important work today , if you keep your mind obsessing over that then you will not able to relax. And obviously you know that when it comes to relaxation the body follows the mind.
“ Letting go gives us freedom , and freedom is the only condition for happiness”
So you can understood that your body can only experience relaxation if your mind has let go of anything and everything that causes your stress ,worry and anxiety. Lets start enjoy your every day life by let it go technique.
Once I was found an interesting article wrote by Dr. Lawrence Wilson, 36 years worked on science of healing and development, on letting go, where he had mentioned:“Affirmations to help one let go of the past. The purpose of such an affirmation is not to change anything, but just to bring up all thoughts that are unlike the affirmation.” According to him”Each time I found myself thinking negatively, I would doubt myself purposely.”
9. Keep focus on what matters:
Lets take an example: Someone who whose live hood comes from political background , spending time in politics might represent productivity. However for you it might just be a distraction from what really matter when you spend more than 5-10 minuets of your every day life for watching political news in TV.
So you need to differentiate between the matter which gives productivity and busy work . You must analyze your own situation and focus your time accordingly.
Here is some simple question to help you keep focusing and enjoy every day life :
- What and why is it a big deal?
- Do I feel disrespected?
- What value it will add with my life?
- What else is going right and wrong?
- Can I do anything to solve the problem?
- What will I give to solve the problem?
- From five months from now how much I will care?
10. Bring some spice in your daily routine:
“Every day we should hear at least one little song, read one good poem, see one exquisite picture, and if possible speak a few sensible words”
Take a different path , try something new. It can be something simple like start blogging, learn to play guitar or any other musical instrument.
You must agree with me at this point on our believe which can change our life instantly.
Believe me now , it is an excellent time to do something you have always wanted to do, but have never gotten around to because today may never come. Now start walking instead of watching television after dinner. Or make a plan for enjoy the next weekend.
What you can do to add fun and enjoy everyday life?
- Do something stupid from your inner child.
- Sing in the shower.
- Reconnect with an old friend.
- Challenge yourself.
- Go for a long drive without select the destination.
- Change your hairstyle.
“ And in the end , it’s not the years in your life that count.It’s the life in your years”- Abraham Lincoln.
I have give only some but you have lot to add with my each and every list stated above.
Did any of these points resonate with you? Do you want to add any more point ? Share your thought in comment or connect us in G+ or Facebook.
Latest posts by Sudipta Kr Maiti (see all)
- How To Enjoy Every Day Life With 10Simple Steps - January 9, 2018
- 10 Simple Tips for Start Your Day with Happiness - January 4, 2018
- 50 Best Happy New Year Messages, Quotes, Wishes, Images - December 28, 2017