Taking thing personally is just waste of mental and emotional energy. I feel personally offended many times in my office job when any senior or colleges say comment something. This is only for what I take personally their comment. The worst one is I think continuously and lost my control and irritate. The results I get like losing temper, feel more stress, lagging my assigned job many more. But very next day I discover that I have lost many things unnecessary only for taking things personally. Then I can’t justify myself for my wrong perception.
Don’t Take Anything Personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering. -Don Miguel Ruiz
Do you feel like same? Whether you take each and every minor event too seriously? Do you feel later that you were with wrong interpretation of someone comments or behavior due to lack of enough information?
Yes there is some occasion where the man on opposite side intentionally tries to offend you. But why you accept it? Believe me it is really useless to take part in such game. Just leave it straightway. If you feel insulted, you can’t hide this. Better to stop taking thing personally for which you need some small steps and time.
We often add to our pain and suffering by being overly sensitive, over-reacting to minor things and sometimes taking things too personally. -Dalai Lama
Evaluating Yourself, Your Status And Objectives With Tune Up Success Free Tool Kit, download here:
This is possible with some emotional detachment. Try it, I have improved a lot with these steps for that I am sharing with you today.
I usually used to ask myself some question or think such as:
- “Is what I have heard true at all?”- I ask myself.
- May be what I hard do not refer me at all.
- How an unbiased outsider may see this situation?
- Why I am allowing hurting my feelings?
- I am not defined by my mistakes or criticism.
- Question on my self-confidence how to boost up it.
- He might be having a bad day, going through a rough period, or it might just be his personality.
- He/she might be shy, have something on his/her mind.
- Stops think again and again. Think something useful for me or I like most which fell me happier.
- Keep me alone for some time.
- I can’t please everyone.
- It’s okay to make mistakes and to have flaws, it’s part of being human.
- Not come to any conclusion so quickly.
- My self-growth is not depending on what say about me by others.
- Wait for a while before responding otherwise it may create unnecessary arguments.
- Keep smiling.
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” -Buddha
Lastly I want to say you can get a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally.
Latest posts by Sudipta Kr Maiti (see all)
- What Dr APJ Abdul Kalam said on Work Life Balance must help you - January 27, 2018
- How To Enjoy Every Day Life With 10Simple Steps - January 9, 2018
- 10 Simple Tips for Start Your Day with Happiness - January 4, 2018