I believe you are trying hard to balance your work and home life as I do. Sometime you become frustrate and blame on yourself. Even this problem is recognized by many researches and employers too. Famous scientist Dr APJ Abdul Kalam has said some real facts on work life balance. His thought on work life balance is really inspiring me, you may be interest to know what said by APJ Abdul Kalam on Work Life Balance.
Friend don’t worry you are not alone here. In a study found “those who work more than 55 hours a week have a 33% increased risk of stroke compared with those who work a 35- to 40-hour week”. Overworked employees were also found to have a 13% increased risk of coronary heart disease. So better to leave office on time and enjoy the life fullest without worrying about your future.
Some common reasons for poor work life balance:
- Having salaries that haven’t increased much, but expenses that have.
- Increased responsibilities at work.
- Pressure by reporting manager to complete presentation or report on weekend ( my case in earlier employer)
- Working longer hours( As a telecom engineer I have to alert on 24X7 basis even on leave too)
- Increased responsibilities at home.
- Having children.
Check if you have any other reason, and may interest to know the 7 Secrets of People Who Achieved Work Life Balance.
What Dr APJ Abdul Kalam said on Work Life Balance must improve your life.
If you are really frustrated about maintain work life balance this small bunch of lines will help you to boost up again. The first step is obviously start practicing to leave office on time, if you want to maintain work life balance in day-to-day life. Here is ,
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam described the both cases in a very simple way:
Enjoy with your family:Best ways to make every weekend a happy and successful weekend
Do you love your job too much? But loving your company and not getting the expected love in return will leave your disappointed and discouraged.
Love your job but don’t love your company,
because you may not know when your company stops loving you.
– Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
Everyone knows you work day and night to earn money for your loved ones. They are out there waiting at home for you. You can finish your daily work later but don’t ever give up on the special moments you can share with your family and friends. Let’s see what Dr APJ Abdul Kalam said on work life balance:
ALWAYS LEAVE OFFICE ON TIME
Work is a never-ending process. It can never be completed.
-Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
Your family and friends are the only one who will never leave you during your downfall and failure. Your company will surely hand over a leaving notice.
Do your boss not like you ? Check this one here , I may help you.
Now take a break and check how is your work life balance status at present?
Once I have found that Dr. Joanie Connell, psychologist and founder of Flexible Work Solutions , said
“Work-life balance describes a condition when a person is able to manage responsibilities from both work and life in a healthy, productive way”
“From an individual’s point of view, it means having a job that meets personal demands and having personal demands that don’t interfere with work demands,” Connell said. “From an employer’s perspective, it means offering jobs and a work environment where employees can meet the needs of their personal lives.”
Before you go what APJ Abdul Kalam said on work life balance , take Connell’s quiz below to find out if you’re living with a healthy work-life balance, or if your job (or your personal life) is taking over.
It is very simple; just answer “true” or “false” to the questions, and use Connell’s scoring guide below to see where you stand. One small request to share before take the quiz.
- __________ My life and work demands often interfere with each other.
- __________ Someone else has control over my work schedule.
- __________ It’s a struggle to get time off from work when I need to.
- __________ I spend a lot of time responding to personal emails and phone calls when I am at work.
- __________ I don’t have time to exercise at least three times a week.
- __________ I have had to give up most of my hobbies.
- __________ I sleep less than 8 hours per night on a regular basis.
- __________ I have frequent headaches and/or stomach aches.
- __________ I catch myself making mistakes on the job increasingly often.
- __________ It is important to check my phone and email when I leave work.
- __________ It is hard to shift my focus of attention to the issue at hand.
- __________ I find myself worrying a lot about how I’ll get everything done.
- __________ I work more than 40 hours a week.
- __________ It’s hard not to be irritable and lose my temper.
- __________ I don’t have enough time to relax.
- __________ I frequently have to deal with work emergencies when I am not there.
- __________ I am tired all the time.
- __________ My family and friends are routinely upset at me for not being available to them.
- __________ I am often needed outside of work during work hours.
- __________ I drink more than 3 cups or shots of caffeinated drinks per day.
If you answered:
Mostly true: You are in serious danger of incurring a stress-related illness or injury, having a major personal problem, or getting fired. You’re taking on too much and need to get more support either at work or at home, or both. You need to pay attention to this, because even if you can sustain highly stressful situations for a period of time, over the long term, you could incur irreversible damage to your body, such as a heart attack, hypertension, ulcer, endometriosis or other stress-related conditions.
Equally true and false: You may be at risk of burning the candle at both ends. You might want to examine your commitments, responsibilities and level of control over your life. There may be one or two simple tweaks you can make to ease up on your work/life conflicts, or it might be that a more extensive change is necessary. In either case, you should consider ways to take care of yourself better to maintain your resilience and get through tough times.
Mostly false: You have a good fit for work and life demands. You take care of yourself. You’re at low risk of burnout and are a good role model of work-life balance for others.
Don’t forget to let me know how your work life balance as per the quiz result is. Please note when I take the quiz first time the result shown me serious concern on my work life balance but I have already started to work out on it. For your information I have quit my job in a MNC on last Oct’17.
If you fall in your life, neither your boss nor client will offer you a helping hand;your family and friends will.
– Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
Don’t give up on small things that will bring you more happiness. You may lose memories while trying to win this rat race.Work is a never-ending process. It can never be completed. -Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Click To Tweet
You may like and follow these 10 Simple Tips for Start Your Day with Happiness
If you are leaving late from the office does not mean you are happy. Do you? Dr APJ Abdul Kalam view on work life balance and happiness:
A person who stays late at the office is not a hardworking person. Instead he/she is a fool who does not know how to manage work within the stipulated time. He/She is inefficient and incompetent in his work.
–Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
The ones who ask you to dedicate yourself to work, ask them, do they love their life? Tell them that you do love yourself and the people who are attached to your life.
Bonus ( most popular): 15 reasons why you should stop worrying about the future
Hope the above view on work life balance by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam will inspire you lot. Don’t forget to share it with your friends .
Some of my favorite book written by APJ Abdul Kalam motivate me always , you may try:
What do you think about your work life balance? How you can balance it ? Hope I can make simple your thought on this critical aspects of your life up-to some extent.
Wait before leave check out this video on awesome speech by Bryan Dyson -Former CEO of Coca-Cola.
Latest posts by Sudipta Kr Maiti (see all)
- What Dr APJ Abdul Kalam said on Work Life Balance must help you - January 27, 2018
- How To Enjoy Every Day Life With 10Simple Steps - January 9, 2018
- 10 Simple Tips for Start Your Day with Happiness - January 4, 2018